We know that a good diet is key to being healthy and having a longer life. But, with health and fitness fads gaining popularity, it’s sometimes confusing trying to choose which foods are the healthy option. However, research suggests that incorporating certain anti-aging foods will give you the extra boost that you have been looking for!
Here are seven foods to consider:
- Beans/Legumes – Rich in fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals, beans have protective benefits, especially for your heart.
- Nuts – Research suggests that nuts are tiny packages of healthy goodness. Nuts are high in monounsaturated fat, which helps lower cholesterol.
- Dark Chocolate – Chocolate improves blood vessel function, which can lower blood pressure and clotting.
- Whole Grains – When it comes to anti-aging foods, whole grains are among the best. They are proven to reduce the risk of cancer, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, obesity, infectious disease, and respiratory problems.
- Fish – Fatty fish is high in inflammation-fighting omega-3 fatty acids, which helps protect the heart and brain.
- Green Tea – Green tea offers benefits like reduced risk of cancer and heart disease. It is the world’s second most popular beverage was shown to reduce risk of death by up to 26 percent for those who consumed several cups a day.
- Blueberries – Often dubbed a “superfood” because of their high antioxidant levels, blueberries have been shown to cut the risk of cancer and diabetes.